bmwrd0
Reaction score

Profile postsLatest activityPostingsAbout

• Farmer J.
    I am only able to send a short message so it seems quite blunt! The chair is part of the estate of my late Mother, which I am administering.. For some reason I can't work out how to attach pics to a message, doh! Jonathan.
    Farmer J.
    Hi bmwrd0
    I get the impression that you have some knowledge of 'Morris' style chairs?
    我有一个将被拍卖,just seeking your opinion and views on it. Is it 'interesting' or 'desirable'? Collectable? Worth anything?!!
    Best wishes, Jonathan.
    bmwrd0
    bmwrd0
    Here in the states, they tend to be part of the Mission style furniture, which is very popular with people who own older homes, such as mine. I don't know about England, but Morris himself was the founder of the Arts and Crafts movement in England that sprung up to counter the industrial revolution.
    bmwrd0
    bmwrd0
    I would talk to a local antiques dealer, with pictures in hand and see what they think. Also, they were the original recliner, so you might want to keep it for yourself! (ran into the same problem myself!)
    Farmer J.
    Farmer J.
    Thanks for your help, I don't have room for any more furniture so can't keep it but will stir up some dealers with pics. It will likely go to America as small modern houses are the trend here.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom
Baidu