To avoid these ads,狗万10万提款

Frank Howarth

K

Kaizen

加入
Jan 9, 2015
如果你想要看到一些很酷的弗兰k's fence for one of his saws that he just built. he put in dust control right in the fence. he used a cnc but it got me thinking of some ways I can do it.
Brad54

Brad54

加入
Jun 13, 2006
There's a big thread somewhere in here about Frank building and outfitting his shop.
Yeah... talk about a rabbit hole! I lost two days of productivity.

Awesome stuff, though.

-Brad
bczygan

bczygan

加入
2009年11月4日
Gee thanks!

I've always wanted a large diameter disc sander, after using a 15" one at work. This reminded me.

But now a desire for a CNC router rears it's ugly head...
克里斯托弗。莱顿

克里斯托弗。莱顿

加入
Mar 21, 2014
一个人能成为一家很棒的商店的熟练木工难道不够吗?
Frank's got that and is an architect too, and a cinematographer ... and is has an infectious humor on-screen and a willingness to share mistakes made along the way.
An incredibly talented individual.
coljar

coljar

加入
Sep 26, 2010
是否喜欢木材工作,没关系。我认为任何人都会喜欢观看这个人的视频。
T

trythis

加入
Dec 6, 2009
That's the first left handed (or right fenced) table saw I have seen. Also opposing saws.
Huxley

Huxley

加入
Mar 4, 2008
Ryan has been down so many rabbit holes he forgot that he posted about Frank a while back. I remember because people were bagging on Frank H. for his 1/2 buried shop (genius by the way) & some other BS. I suggested limiting the possible commentators to users who could cut 6" thick boards in a single pass.

Nobody even realizes that Frank has a serious stutter at times. It must come / go or he is also editing the shit out of the audio.
H

Homerr

加入
Mar 16, 2012
I'm down this rabbit hole now too. The second video of his I watched was the one on building the shop. A minute in and I said to myself this guy has to be in Portland. Yep, he is. I grew up in the area.
Terranova

Terranova

加入
May 12, 2008
I always want to make videos to document my projects but hell, I can barely remeber to stop and take phone pics. Making videos is a serious skill set.
cajunfirehawk

cajunfirehawk

加入
Nov 29, 2011
Thanks, like I needed to find something else to just sit and watch, but talk about a talented individual,wow!
R. Deschain

R. Deschain

加入
Jan 7, 2016
如果你想要看到一些很酷的弗兰k's fence for one of his saws that he just built. he put in dust control right in the fence. he used a cnc but it got me thinking of some ways I can do it.

I have lusted after that fence since he posted it! I have a miter saw/RAS big rolling cabinet and I really want to tear off the extruded fence and make one of these. His duct work is killer as well on that project.
EricP

EricP

加入
Jan 30, 2014
YouTube has a growing number of DIY, woodworking, and maker channels. To me there are two that set the bar and those are Jimmy Diresta and Frank Howarth. Frank's stop motion presentations are extremely entertaining and his camera work is amazing. Both of those guys are wonderfully creative and inspiring.
O

Olafur

加入
Jun 2, 2011
Oh, first the sweet girl from Portugal and now this guy!

Hat off and respect, looking forward to spend hours checking his videos.
Last edited:
K13

K13

加入
2007年10月24日
His videos are very cool. One has to wonder where he finds the time to do all his projects document them and put together the videos while having two young kids.
Last edited:
jmarkwolf

jmarkwolf

加入
Jan 15, 2013
His videos are very cool. One has to wonder where he finds the time to do all his projects document them and put together the videos while having two young kids.

If any of you have a "machinist bent", whatever you do, don't start watching any ABOM79 videos on Youtube.:)
Stuart in MN

Stuart in MN

加入
Sep 8, 2005
If any of you have a "machinist bent", whatever you do, don't start watching any ABOM79 videos on Youtube.:)

There's a whole Youtube community of machinists - Abom79, Tom Lipton, Keith Fenner, Keith Rucker, Outside Screwball, This Old Tony, and others. You can quickly fall down the rabbit hole trying to watch all their videos.
casmurbax

casmurbax

加入
2012年9月25日
I got caught looking at work.... no one to blame but myself for clicking on the great click bait....
K

Kaizen

加入
Jan 9, 2015
But if any one IS working in the next few weeks it might be dead so you really should have some rabbit holes to go watch and keep you out of trouble. If you like timber framing check out mr chickadee. It's a nice change of pace from diresta noisy vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J

Jarhead0408

加入
Apr 1, 2012
我还没有看过他的任何视频,但是听起来我将来会浪费时间。
R

remote

加入
May 19, 2015
I like Frank's kitchen remodel videos. Also his BTS of that
95riosnake

95riosnake

加入
Oct 26, 2013
Ryan has been down so many rabbit holes he forgot that he posted about Frank a while back. I remember because people were bagging on Frank H. for his 1/2 buried shop (genius by the way) & some other BS. I suggested limiting the possible commentators to users who could cut 6" thick boards in a single pass.

Nobody even realizes that Frank has a serious stutter at times. It must come / go or he is also editing the shit out of the audio.

There are always people with negative comments, regardless of the subject matter. It's sad but that's one of the unfortunate side effects of the anonymity of the internet and the degradation of a thing called manners.

Regarding the buried shop, I don't blame him one bit and his concept is genius. It wouldn't work well for me given that I need to pull vehicles into a shop, but if I were building a dedicated woodworking shop, it wouldn't be an issue. From his architectural perspective, having a massive outbuilding like many people build in the form of monstrous pole buildings, towering behind a MCM ranch (assuming it's a single story home, it seems most MCM houses are) would be undesirable and honestly, an eyesore. I think the design of his shop, both in form and function, is a thing of beauty. Those long vertical windows and the band of polycarbonate are gorgeous. I think a possible improvement in design would have been to sink a third entrance at the rear to floor level, then dig out an entry and build short block walls to create an apron outside the entrance. It would alleviate a lot of the difficulty he has getting things in and out of his shop. But it doesn't really seem to bother him. I'm also beyond jealous of his Clear Vue Cyclone... I've been lusting after one for a long time now and don't see myself freeing up the funds for one anytime soon. Also barely requiring a mention is my lust for all his machinery... so much quality and heft to everything he has.

Regarding his videos, they are simply a breath of fresh air at the end of my usual stressful day at work. The past few nights I have spent the last hour before bed watching some of his videos (most recently his kitchen remodel series) and the lighthearted way he approaches things is very calming and entertaining. I really appreciate that he shows and mentions his mistakes. It seems that a lot of the content on the internet, whether a video or blog/build thread, usually puts the best foot forward of every project. There's nothing wrong with that, but we all know mistakes are made but we never see them. With an honest style like Frank's, you don't feel as bad when you inevitably screw up in your own projects, knowing you're not alone.
marty_p

marty_p

加入
Aug 1, 2008
If 'The Ornament and the Tree' doesn't put you in the Christmas spirit, nothing will.

Great find, Ryan, and Merry Christmas, gang!:thumbup:
T

therealjakeg

加入
2008年12月27日
好吧,我的圣诞节了!认为我已经匹配了Firebrick,并观看了所有视频。我的意思是一个自组装桌子?谁不想看那个以及如何制作视频???很棒的频道。
Top Bottom
Baidu