To avoid these ads,狗万10万提款

Hot Deals: Rules to post by!

Ryan

Ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the brand spanking new "Hot Deals" forum. This forum is a place for you to do two things:

1. Find great deals on garage/tool related objects from all over the internet.

2. Post great deals on garage/tool related objects that you have found yourself.

这件事真的很简单,但是我们做的have a few rules for you to post by. Namely:

1. This is not the classifieds section. Please do not post your own ads here. You can do thathere.

2. The "Hot Deals" section is only available to our users and our supporting vendors. We will not allow listed deals from other vendors. In other words, no dealers allowed.

3. Ads must include links posted directly to the deal. Posts that include links to other affiliate sites will be deleted.If you post your own affiliate links, you will be banned.

4. This forum is for the posting of Hot Deals only. Discussion threads will be deleted. However, discussions about specific deals (replies to discussion threads) are fine and sometime even productive!

I'm sure these rules will evolve as the forum does, but that's it for now. However, please try to keep in mind some common courtesies:

1. Post a relevant title for your deal. Folks should know what they are getting themselves into before they click on the title.

2. As mentioned, the discussion of specific deals is fine. However, arguments are not.

3. We love feedback. If you have it, give it!

Thanks everyone!

Ryan
Last edited:
Joe B.

Joe B.

Can we also ask people to include the price or discount in the thread title. That should make using this board a little more productive.
I

ishiboo

Can we also ask people to include the price or discount in the thread title. That should make using this board a little more productive.

I agree. The post should include a MINIMUM of Brand Product - Price - Store. If there's an expiration date, it'd be great to include that as well:)
double-d

double-d

I agree. The post should include a MINIMUM of Brand Product - Price - Store. If there's an expiration date, it'd be great to include that as well:)

Perfect! Will make it much easier to scan deals one may be interested in (providing old/expired deals do not get bumped to the top by someone).

Admin- Thank you for the improvements.
Last edited:
OP
Ryan

Ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to police that one because discounts sometimes have long explanations, but we will certainly encourage that.
R

RKA

LOL!

Ryan, I love this layout so much better! Minimizes the impact of the chatter but still allows people to discuss details. Thank you! Now if you can let lennox know I'll have mine with cream and two equals, that would be great!:thumbup:
Jeff

Jeff

Thanks for cleaning up the deals thread. Much cleaner and easier to scan when on the run for tools and such.
J

jhelrey

I like this much better as well!
I

ishiboo

Hard to police that one because discounts sometimes have long explanations, but we will certainly encourage that.

Yeah, no need to be Nazis about it but it'd be nice.

Actually I am thinking that the store should be first, then the product/price info.

And when the deal is dead, the title is updated by the OP to reflect it with [DEAD] at the beginning of the title.

Just thoughts... I love this format!
Z

Ziggy'sSpeedShop

This sucks I missed the 18 pc Craftsman wrench modules for 49.99 because I was subscribed to the old thread not this new format thread. Not sure I like this.
OP
Ryan

Ryan

Administrator
Staff member
So, subscribe to the forum rather than the old thread. Problem fixed. Tip your waitress!
Z

Ziggy'sSpeedShop

Already done. Thanks Just a day late and a dollar short. Story of my life.
Last edited:
S

srmofo

does the forum not show up in the "New post" search?
Where do you "subscribe to the forum".
I need a quick way to bookmark it, just use my favorites I guess?

1)Go to the main hot deals page.
2)Mid right is a tab marked forum tools. Its on the blue bar
3)Click subscribe
4)????????????
5) Profit!
Jax Christian

Jax Christian

家得宝(Home depot)这个周末只有难觅踪迹ter cable framing nailer $99
4314a3e52eda1e7be10a22c261c8e101.jpg
Farmall450

Farmall450

Can we please axe these mega threads? It's ridiculous, imo, to have several threads for retailers/brands - if the deal is hot, post a descriptive title so that viewers know what they're getting into rather than having to pick through many separate vendors and now brand (and even random, multi-brand) threads!

Guys are quick to tell people they should be posting deals in the specific thread and quick to fight over who makes the first 2018/2019...thread but that really doesn't benefit anyone on this forum.

Just my $.02
D

Dh3256

Can we please axe these mega threads?

Most people prefer the mega threads, they are much more convenient for those shopping at a particular store.

There was apoll and discussion threadto discuss the deal threads, but the poll must have closed, it's no longer showing at the top. You may want to find that thread and post your thoughts so they will be heard.
Last edited:
Farmall450

Farmall450

Most people prefer the mega threads, they are much more convenient for those shopping at a particular store.

There was apoll and discussion threadto discuss the deal threads, but the poll must have closed, it's no longer showing at the top. You may want to find that thread and post your thoughts so they will be heard.

That poll wasn't directly asking the question - nor showing a solid answer.

Also, it's 2019. Who only shops at one retailer? Esp since most of the deals widely depend on store availability so the vast majority have to order online, anyhow.
D

Dh3256

Also, it's 2019. Who only shops at one retailer?

Probably everyone, at least the prudent shoppers. It's so much easier when the deals for one retailer are listed in one thread.

There is discussion in the other thread about how to use board features, apparently a lot of people were not aware of some of the board features that make the mega threads so convenient.

Happy to discuss, but let's move to the appropriate thread.
Top Bottom
Baidu