To avoid these ads,狗万10万提款

Question about a mini shop, a shipping container, and flooring...

Lassen Forge

Lassen Forge

We're going ahead with our move to our other property, and saw a couple ideas on line about converting a 20' shipping conainer into a very small workshop until we get the final property restored (which will house my final shop)... I got to thinking about this (maybe too much) and remembered eventual issues we had when we did this at a former place of employment with damage to the floor, spills & stains, and etc...

So I had this grea (or grate??) idea about putting something like racedeck on the floor of this so I had an impervious and durable (and of course, good looking) floor in the "porta-shop"... I have no idea if anyone has done this before, I'm not sure about the durability of using something like this in a more industrial (and possibly abusive) situation. Also the question came up (as I was perusing the site) as to dimensions, as the inside of the container is a little strange - 7'9" x 19'4"... since I know RD comes in 12x12 squares, how would I adjust for that and keep any center pattern centered, or would it be better to go with a solid color?

And of course, the last question IS color - what would be best for a small space - I'm assuming something light, but I also don't want to worry about stains and stuff becoming obvious... Anyway, since I knowall our cool floor people hang out here (and all have their own solutions), fire away!
Shea

Shea

I would recommend a polyvinyl roll-out mat for that space. They are extremely durable and easy to keep clean. G-Floor is an excellent choice and the mats are made here in the U.S. You could select their 8'6" x 22" size and trim to fit. Garage Flooring LLC has an excellent selection. In addition, they have a 110% price match guarantee and free shipping.

CJDave

CJDave

I love my RaceDeck but for the short term you may be better off following Shea's suggestion. Of course if you go with RaceDeck you can always transfer it to the permanent shop floor and add to it. RaceDeck has a designer page on their website that may help.
Keeping a center pattern perfectly centered will require a lot of cutting. A solid pattern or some stripes that run left to right maybe? CJDave.
Armorpoxy

Armorpoxy

Hi,
Send us an email toinfo@armorpoxy.comas we may have some significantly discountedwww.supratile.comsolid PVC interlocking tiles available for a small container. These are virtually indestructible and install in just an hour or two, and are very quiet to walk on.
Top Bottom
Baidu