To avoid these ads,狗万10万提款

Rust-oleum Epoxyshield w/flakes and clear

S

Shirvil

Hi,

I have had a terrible long and expensive journey to get to the final application stage and was quite happy until the final step. I know that Rust-Oleum isn’t considered the best choice but it is what I used and honestly the finish is quite nice.

But, honestly, I am in need of some direction and feel quite let down.

I applied this product in my basement. My floor has come so far, I had asbestos tiles abated by a company who then painted over the mastic with no prep whatsoever leaving a terrible oozing runny mess seeping out of the paint. Resulting in ruining many items as well.

After thousands of dollars and hours in prep I finally got the floor to a point where the primer was adhering. This was a big accomplishment as I was drawing literally 100’s of litres of black and brown sludge like water out of the concrete.

I went with rust-oleum epoxy shield due to cost as I was at the extent of my “budget”. I had it prepped so well, I regret this.

Concrete was grinded, degreased, washed and primed. I put 3 coats of rustoleum down (first coat absorbed in well) and went as far as to thoroughly sand in between each coat too. I had a really nice, durable smooth finish. I was actually very pleased.

Here is where is all has fallen apart and what I was once proud of has become an embarrassment and frustration….

Initially, I decided no flakes as I didn’t want to introduce any problems, extra product etc…but after doing a test section I thought it might look nice. Things were going so well. After coming home from work, A B parts mixed, I ran out of flakes on the home stretch, I really messed up some seams (one kit pouch wouldn’t do entire floor). I put them down too heavily to start and couldn’t keep up that rate.

To stay within my “blown budget”, I proceeded with the clear coat over this mess. Which I regret. I was also concerned with the colder temperature approaching for the cure times for the clear, so it felt like a race against the clock to complete.

I now quite hate the floor, some parts do look great but that is amongst patchy and inconsistent work/texture. I do have a few bald spots that need more clear. In hindsight I preferred the look and texture of no flakes. The grey and clear only sections lookquite nice.

What do you suggest?

1:我应该沙子,漆和广播片on choppy areas/seams and then recoat with clear? (This would have to be next year as it is now too cold).

2: sand, prime and recoat to all grey? And clear coat?

3: Give up and live with it?

4: Any other idea?

Not trying to be dramatic, but there is a lot of factors involved as to why I need this area functioning sooner than later but the aesthetic part is discouraging.
R

Ron Job1

If your initial application is adhered well to the concrete, no peeling. Then the full spread of chips would be the least work.
That and a urethane top coat to keep it all together.
OP
S

Shirvil

Thanks for the response.
Yes, it adhered very well.

do you recommend a particular urethane product that is compatible with Rust-Oleum?
Armorpoxy

Armorpoxy

Hi, virtually all of our high performance topcoats are compatible with Rustoleum products and we have had many users apply them with no issues. Please contact us directly at below for info/quote.
OP
S

Shirvil

Nice to know thanks. I will reach out when I am ready. I likely will wait until next summer.
Top Bottom
Baidu