To avoid these ads,狗万10万提款

Uhauling a 4 post

F

finn

That’s just loaded incorrectly. Should overhang both the front and rear to improve the weight distribution and get 10-15% of the weight on the hitch, and preferably have cribbing to support the cargo.

A longer trailer would help immensely.
GRivera

GRivera

Already mentioned - what will a local tow company charge for flatbed truck delivery?

Another option is local installer who will deliver and install for you. In my case, it was worth the $650 to do it this way.
R

racecougar

I made a 20 mile drive with my 4 post lift on a 6x12' uhaul today. I wouldn't recommend it. There's not enough tongue weight, and it was a very sketchy 35 mph drive.
I'm surprised that someone loaded that for you and though, "eh, he'll be fine".
D

dfiler2

我猜将速度降低到35 the whole procedure fairly safe and think of the wear you saved on your back tires. Have fun with your lift.
OP
F

FNM

Thought I’d report back.. I got it done. Ended up after a lot of back and forth getting an Enterprise 1/2 ton and a United rentals 16ft. My round trip was around 400 miles and this setup worked perfectly.

will confess it was a royal pain to get it off at my garage. Had four friends, four furniture dollys, 2.5 tonne engine hoist and a friends high end car jack.. but the most useful piece of equipment was my Rzr and it’s 5.5k lb winch..

I bought the extra long (plus) direct lift four post and rolling jack. I found the package to be much bigger in person and even on dollys very hard to move so if you can get a winch in front of it do so!

lastly my final tip is a silly one… I used all my long winch straps and chains United Rentals gave me couldn’t have enough of those. Was petrified of being that guy who drops the 2.5k lb load on the road.

not easy… but can’t wait to assemble!

thank you all for your help and suggestions

Attachments

• 5FA9F2A8-1651-464C-A3B4-68FAC3B22A0F.jpeg
    5FA9F2A8-1651-464C-A3B4-68FAC3B22A0F.jpeg
    509.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 1E190D5D-4816-4E54-8D22-A5C53C24CBBF.jpeg
    1E190D5D-4816-4E54-8D22-A5C53C24CBBF.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 45
OP
F

FNM

Thank you! I posted it as a warning. It was incredibly stupid, and incredibly sketchy. And I agreed that it looks dangerous AF because it is. Don't do what I did, kids. lol
Totally get how hard it is to get the right trailer.. had days of calling around. United went above and beyond and shipped one to my local branch in the end. The Uhaul was looking at my most likely at one stage. Glad you got it back without issue!
V

Viper98912

400 miles? I guess I missed that part. Good thing you found the right trailer, I did not know that United had that long length.

Did you take it all off in one piece? Or did you disassemble it on the trailer?
OP
F

FNM

Yeah PA didn’t look too far but was definitely a hike. The 2500 Ram had a great range so didn’t have to fill up / stop once which was appreciated!

took it off in one piece as by that point I was in hour 13 of the hauling day so we opted not to spend longer taking it apart. That’s tomorrows job:)
38Chevy454

38Chevy454

Good to hear you got a proper trailer and have it home. Yes, unloading the lift is a pain since the parts are heavy. I used my car trailer same as what you rented, and just took the lift packaging apart on the trailer so i could move pieces individually. Still need some engine hoist assistance for the heaviest ramp pieces. I have learned as I got older, let the equipment do the work.
Reactions: FNM
OP
F

FNM

I subscribe to that thought.. all about the right tools. Going to start taking it apart tomorrow if all goes well. The instruction video from Direct Lift shows everything being carried by two people so I hope it’s not a giant lie. Very excited though:)
S

speedracerfx

I subscribe to that thought.. all about the right tools. Going to start taking it apart tomorrow if all goes well. The instruction video from Direct Lift shows everything being carried by two people so I hope it’s not a giant lie. Very excited though:)
Two people with an engine hoist can definitely put it together. I unpacked and put my Wildfire XLT together by myself, with the use of an engine hoist and an overhead hoist. With an extra set of hands, it'll be easy peasy.
Top Bottom
Baidu